Bank Staff Nursery Practitioner
Monarch Education are recruiting for bank staff to work ad-hoc shifts starting immediately at a lovely private day Nursery in Blagdon in North Somerset. The successful nursery practitioner will be available to work 8am-1pm or 9am-1pm and/or 8am-6pm.
- Minimum Level 3 recognised childcare qualification.
- Desirable - Paediatric first aid qualification; any related professional qualification (e.g. Foundation Degree, EYPS, EYTS, NVQ)
- Experience working as a Nursery Practitioner is essential
- Knowledge and experience of delivering the EYFS
- Experience of Ofsted Inspections
- Working with children with Special Educational Needs
- Ensure that all children attending the setting receive high quality care, are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences which meet their individual needs.
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Observe, support and extend children's learning through supporting planning appropriately for children using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum for guidance.
- Maintain accurate and effective children's records.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion.
- Work with the Childcare and Education team to continuously improve quality of childcare and education.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand, and when necessary follow, Safeguarding Procedures.
Affinity Workforce Solutions and Monarch Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its temporary workers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list. This role involves working with children on a daily basis and is therefore in regulated activity.
Monarch Education is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Monarch Education operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
- Early Years