Monarch Education are currently recruiting for an experienced school maintenance caretakers/site managers to work across schools in Bristol. The ideal candidate would come from a handyman/maintenance background. This is a position that requires a high level of self-sufficiency and reliability, and a good awareness of health and safety practices.
The roles start soon as possible and is an on-going contract. The shift hours will vary role to role on a full time basis, 5 days a week. Some schools are also flexible with the hours.
- Lock/unlock school buildings and areas on a daily basis and when the school buildings are hired for events/meetings
- Respond to alarm/security issues out of hours
- Provide emergency access to the school site
- Undertake regular site inspections, identify and record repair and maintenance requirements
- Undertake minor/simple reactive repairs e.g. minor plumbing, changing light bulbs, unblocking drains
- To organise and carry out planned works such as redecoration & other improvement works
- To undertake occasional gardening duties
- Ensure the school grounds are free of litter and graffiti
- Ensure, in winter especially, that access roads, pavements, steps and playgrounds are safe for use
- To undertake porterage duties as required (including moving furniture, equipment etc)
- Liaise with contractors & undertake client role in connection with premises-related contracts
- To assist in safety audits of the premises and contribute to relevant risk assessment activity
- 2 full references in relevant work experience as a caretaker or similar field in the last 2 years.
- Enhanced DBS child workforce on the update service (we can assist you with this if you do not have one)
Monarch Education is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability. If flexibility in your working life appeals to you, or you have spare time to fill and would like to work around children, please send your CV to email@example.com or call 0121 272 8676 for further information. We will endeavour to call you within 2-3 working days.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Monarch Education operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
Affinity Workforce Solutions and Monarch Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its temporary workers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list. This role involves working with children on a daily basis and is therefore in regulated activity.
- School Support