SEMH Maths Teacher
SEMH Maths Teacher
Salary: £130 - £200 a day
Start date: September
Monarch Education are honoured to work alongside a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities setting in the Birmingham and Black Country area. We have an amazing opportunity to work in a small SEMH school as a qualified Maths Teacher, commencing in September. This role will be full time (Mon - Fri) from 8:15am - 3:30pm, term time only. However, the school will accept part-time hours for the right candidate.
You will be required to teach small groups of students who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs, ranging from ages 11-16. All of the students you will be teaching will be working as different levels, some will be learning Functional Skills and others will be working towards their GCSEs. The ideal Maths Teacher for this role will need to have relevant teaching experience and has previously worked in a similar setting.
The ideal candidate…
- QTS required with the ability to teach Maths (Entry Level and Functional Skills)
- Experience supporting children with SEMH needs and Looked After Children (LAC)
- A strong communicator
- Pastoral capabilities, including contributing to EHCPs
- Resilient and adaptive
- Professional at all times
Benefits of working with Monarch Education:
- You will be paid a competitive daily wage, based on your experience
- You will receive free, up to date safeguarding training
- Dedicated consultant allocated to support you with any questions or concerns
- CV writing support
- Fast, effective compliance service
- £200 for any successful referral of Teachers and £100 for Teaching Assistants
- Training workshops and CPD courses to provide professional development
Affinity Workforce Solutions and Monarch Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its temporary workers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list. This role involves working with children on a daily basis and is therefore in regulated activity.
Monarch Education is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Monarch Education operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
- Early Years, Further Education, Primary School, School Support, SEND, Secondary School, Teaching Assistants