Role: Science Teacher
Pay rate: £ £131.87-189.54
Are you a newly science teacher looking for a role in September?
Are you a new science teacher looking for a new role and adventure for September?
Monarch education currently work with a large multi academy trust in the Bristol and South Gloucestershire area. Our partnership with CLF- Cabot learning federation Trust enable us to offer work consistently to Teachers and Teaching assistant across Bristol and the surrounding areas.
One of our CLF Academies are recruiting for a science teacher. The school is based in the Kingswood area, situated in a suburban town in South Gloucestershire, bordering the eastern edge of the city of Bristol and about 3.4 miles from the city.
The schools last Ofsted inspection in 2018, awarded a "Good" in all categories. The inspectors commented on the school being "Rapidly improving school. Leaders and teachers are working effectively together to improve all key aspects of school life" "Behaviour in lessons is good. Teacher focus on teaching and pupils concentrate on learning."
The school has around about 1200 students, the school is a larger than average size secondary school with students age ranging 11 to 19. There are some great facilities within the school for both students and teachers. The school believes in the safety, care, and environment for the children to be able to grow and achieve the best they can in life. The school also believe teachers should be able to work in a safe and happy environment
There is excellent transport links from the Bristol and Gloucester and stroud areas. From the city centre in a car would take you roughly 15 minutes. And 36 minutes by 1 bus.
Benefits of registering with Monarch education:
- Dedicated consultant supporting you in your journey to school employment
- Guaranteed pay scheme available*
- Competitive rates of pay with other agencies
- A crown commercial services provider
- Access to a portal which offers savings in 7 supermarkets for your weekly shop
- Fuel card that provides 20p off the pump
- Access to our exclusive online CPD courses and additional training
- £200 for any successful referral of teachers and teaching assistant*
- PAYE and umbrella pay options
About the role:
The science department aim to provide students with varied and simulating curriculum that students can enjoy and take great pride in. the ideal candidate will need to become a part of the team, supporting other teachers and giving the students best of their ability. Students will need to be encouraged to be inquisitive and independent thinkers.
The role will start 1st September, working full time on a temp to permanent bases.
- Designing, developing, and delivering quality lesson plans and curricula that adhere to national and schools' guidelines.
- Drawing up suitable assessments and delivering helpful feedback to students, parents, and other teachers.
- Establishing classroom, lab, and Field trip rules and regulation and ensuring that all students understand what is expected of them.
- Setting up demonstrations and assisting and supervising students while they conduct experiments.
- Providing extra resources, support, interventions for students who are struggling
- Ensuring all permission slips are signed in a timely matter.
- Grading papers, updating records, and handling various administrative tasks.
- Creating an environment where students feel comfortable about asking questions and voicing concerns.
The ideal candidate would need the ability to teach GCSE science, you will be ICT proficient and have excellent communication skills. You will ensure equality of opportunity, to enable all students to make good progress. You will also be approachable and be able to quickly build effective relationships with students, colleagues in school.
How can I apply?
If this job sounds the right one for you please click 'apply' for more information.
Affinity Workforce Solutions and Monarch Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its temporary workers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list. This role involves working with children on a daily basis and is therefore in regulated activity.
Monarch Education is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Monarch Education operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
- Secondary School