Monarch education currently work with a large multi academy trust in the Bristol and South Gloucestershire area. Our partnership with CSET- Castle School Education trust enables us to offer work consistently to Teachers and Teaching Assistants across Bristol and surrounding areas.
One of our secondary schools are currently looking for a Teaching Assistant for KS3 and KS4. Secondary school is based in South Gloucestershire. The school is in a small village in South Gloucestershire. The village lies 1 mile south of Thornbury and 10 miles north of Bristol.
The school currently Ofsted report was good in 2019, the report is classified as "Good" The head teacher has an ambitious vision for the school and he has energised teachers and pupils successfully. The school is now improving rapidly, although the impact of his work is not yet fully embedded. A new curriculum has been introduced in which teachers expect pupils to think deeply and remember what they have been taught. Teachers make sure that they put topics in the right order so that pupils can understand ideas easily.
Transport around the South Gloucestershire- driving is easy and many scenic routes are available, although if you do not have a car, travel by bus is both reliable and cheap.
Benefits of registering with Monarch Education:
- Dedicated consultant supporting you in your journey to school employment
- Guaranteed pay scheme available *
- Competitive rates of pay with other agencies
- A crown commercial services provider
- Access to a portal which offer savings in 7 supermarkets for your weekly shop
- Fuel card that provides 20p off the pump
- Access to our exclusive online CPD courses and additional training
- £200 for any successful referral of Teachers and Teaching Assistants*
About the role
Monarch Education are recruiting for a teaching assistant who can support students and the class teacher.
The ideal Teaching Assistant will reinforce the excellent work of the teaching staff by supporting the individual both within and outside of the classroom environment. You will be a professional role model to the pupils, with the confidence to challenge and the creativity to motivate. You will also provide planned bespoke interventions with groups of children across the school.
Starting September on a full time basic.
- Getting the classroom ready for lessons and clearing away afterwards so as to maintain a safe and clean environment
- Assisting Teachers in preparing the lesson materials and school equipment
- Recording and reporting a pupil's progress to the Teacher
- Helping pupils stay focused during class hours
- Supervising group activities, sports events and school outings
- Helping Teachers manage student behaviour
- Looking after children who are unwell or upset
- Providing a healthy and safe learning environment for children
How can I apply?
If this job sounds the right one for you please click 'apply' for more information.
Affinity Workforce Solutions and Monarch Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its temporary workers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list. This role involves working with children on a daily basis and is therefore in regulated activity.
Monarch Education is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Monarch Education operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
- Secondary School