Monarch Education are currently recruiting for a DT Technician to start in January for a school in Central Birmingham.
Working hours will be Monday - Friday 09.00 -15.00
- To be responsible for maintaining resources and systems
- To support the joint curriculum leaders of Design and Technology with the management of stock control within the department
- To contribute to reports, written or verbal, as deemed necessary by the curriculum leader
- To attend and support appropriate meetings/courses
- To assist with the supervision of students out of lesson times
- To support administrative tasks within the department as directed by the curriculum leader
- To prepare and organise materials within the department
- To help maintain machinery and equipment
- To be responsible for the ordering of materials, tools and teaching resources
- To ensure technical support in the Art department when needed
- To check and maintain materials and equipment
- To tidy store rooms as required
- To liaise with ICT technicians as necessary
- To order materials, components and consumables
Previous experience as a DT technician would be advantageous
Experience working with young people
Experience managing stock and departmental duties
Experience using computers and data input systems
Affinity Workforce Solutions and Monarch Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its temporary workers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list. This role involves working with children on a daily basis and is therefore in regulated activity.
Monarch Education is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Monarch Education operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
- School Support