Europe > England > London > East London
£70 - £85 per day
September 15, 2020
11 Aug 2020 13:44
October 15, 2020
- Good School with great Senco
- Supporting behaviour and inclusion of identified pupils
- 1:1 support and small group support with SEMH (Social Emotional Mental Health Needs)
- Sports Coaches, Social Workers, Psychology & Youth Work Graduates are welcomed to apply
Monarch Education is working with a progressive Secondary school that’s located in Hackney where we are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant to support pupils with challenging behaviour this September. They are looking to engage with candidates who are experienced working with challenging behaviour and removing barriers to learning. With pupils having such a prolonged time away from school; those with Social, Emotional Mental Health needs will require support in September to help make the transition back into school as smooth as possible.
This September the school has been allocated funding for 2, year 7 students that will require support on a 1:1 basis, where there will be some group work too. This is for 1 year in the first instance.
The ideal candidate will
- Be experienced supporting children with challenging behaviours; this does not need to be school-based, those from a Youth Work, Social Care, Residential Care and Sports Coaching background are welcomed to apply
- Have a calm, nurturing approach with clear expectations
- Be confident building positive relationships with pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds to help them progress both socially and academically
We work with schools across North London who serve a diverse catchment area, so if this role isn’t for you, we are confident we can find a role that is due to our vast network..
For more information about this position, please submit your CV/covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org