Do you have experience with KS3 and KS4 Curriculum?
Do you have a degree and have a passion to help children learn?
Monarch education currently work with a large multi academy trust in the Bristol and South Gloucestershire area. Our partnership with CLF- Cabot learning federation Trust enable us to offer work consistently to Teachers and Teaching assistant across Bristol and the surrounding areas.
One of our CLF Academies are recruiting for a cover supervisor. The school is based in the Kingswood area, situated in a suburban town in South Gloucestershire, bordering the eastern edge of the city of Bristol and about 3.4 miles from the city.
The schools last Ofsted inspection was in 2018, awarded a "Good" in all categories. The inspectors commented on the school "The principal has led a steady improvement in the performance of the school over the last two years. Overall, pupils are now making good progress from their starting points"
There is excellent transport links from the Bristol and Gloucester and Stroud areas. From the city centre in a car would take you roughly 24 minutes. And 45 minutes by 1 bus.
Benefits of registering with Monarch education:
- Dedicated consultant supporting you in your journey to school employment
- Guaranteed pay scheme available*
- Competitive rates of pay with other agencies
- A crown commercial services provider
- Access to a portal which offers savings in 7 supermarkets for your weekly shop
- Fuel card that provides 20p off the pump
- Access to our exclusive online CPD courses and additional training
- £200 for any successful referral of teachers and teaching assistant*
- PAYE and umbrella pay options
About the role:
The academy are looking general cover in lessons, all lessons will be planned it would mean you would just need to deliver the lesson plan.
you will be actively teaching students aged between 12 to 16 years of age( KS3-KS4),supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy, managing the behaviour of pupils while they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment, collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher.
The role is starting 1st September full time on a temp to perm basics. The role would become permanent for the right candidate.
- Leading whole classes while cover teachers are away
- Dealing with challenging behaviour in the classroom
- Making sure all students are focused and on track to meeting the lesson objectives
- Prepare the classroom for lessons
- Help any students who are struggling with the work set for their cover lessons
- Assist teachers in planning lesson
- Knowledge & Experience: experience of working effectively in a learning / child care setting.
- Skills of empathy, listening, communication and responding with appropriate language to build rapport with children and carers from a variety of ages, abilities and backgrounds.
- An understanding of Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Child Welfare and Protection. We have Free CPD available.
- Educated to degree level
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Monarch Education operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK
How can I apply?
If this job sounds the right one for you please click 'apply' for more information.
Affinity Workforce Solutions and Monarch Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its temporary workers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list. This role involves working with children on a daily basis and is therefore in regulated activity.
Monarch Education is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Monarch Education operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
- Secondary School