Monarch education currently works with a large multi academy trust in the Bristol and Weston-Super-Mare. Our partnership with CLF- Cabot Learning Federation trust enables us to offer work consistently to Teachers and Teaching Assistants across Bristol and surrounding areas.
Our CLF secondary site are currently looking SEN Teacher for September.
The school is based in the Kingswood area, situated in a suburban town in South Gloucestershire, bordering the eastern edge of the city of Bristol and about 3.4 miles from the city.
The school currently Ofsted report was good in 2019, the report is classified as "Good" Pupils are proud of how their school has improved over the last two years. They enjoy coming to school now. They feel safe and they know that behaviour in their lessons will be good.
The school has around about 900 students, this would be a large secondary school with student's age ranging 11-16. The children at the academy are excited to learn and are real ambassadors for our increasingly diverse community. There are some great facilities that the school offer teachers: parking onsite, staff room with a full working kitchen, Computer for work use. The academy also has SEND unit to support students need the extra support.
Benefits of registering with Monarch Education:
- Dedicated consultant supporting you in your journey to school employment
- Guaranteed pay scheme available *
- Competitive rates of pay with other agencies
- A crown commercial services provider
- Access to a portal which offer savings in 7 supermarkets for your weekly shop
- Fuel card that provides 20p off the pump
- Access to our exclusive online CPD courses and additional training
- £200 for any successful referral of Teachers and Teaching Assistants*
- PAYE and Umbrella pay options
About The Role
Monarch education are looking for a passionate and inspiring qualified SEN Teacher to join our supportive and talented team at the academy.
You will largely be teaching within the Resource Base, a specialist unit for Speech and Language and Autistic Spectrum students. This includes a small group of EHCP students in KS3 and KS4 who study English Maths, Science plus another GCSE subject.
Role will start in September on a Part time long term to permeant basics.
- Planning outstanding lessons that meet the needs of all students whilst developing a high-quality programme of study that includes accurate target setting.
- Monitor and report on the progress of students and take appropriate action to ensure all students achieve their potential through exceptional methods of feedback.
- Meeting the needs of learners who all have an EHCP and either significant Language or Social Communication needs.
- Having a willingness to broaden subject knowledge and teach outside your specialism.
- Knowledge of strategies to encourage the engagement of pupils with ASC in learning.
- Directing and supporting other professionals to support pupils with ASC.
- An ability to creatively differentiate subject materials to engage learners.
- An ability to create bespoke learning opportunities for pupils.
- Recognising, valuing and supporting the delivery of opportunities which extend beyond the confines of classroom delivery and seek to enrich and add value to the students experience & learning.
- Being empowered to develop your own expert practice and support the development of others.
The ideal candidate would need to be a passionate individual who wants to make a difference in education.
- A well-qualified specialist, holding QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree
- ability to teach Key Stage 3- Key Stage 4
- excellent class management skills
How can I apply?
If this job sounds the right one for you please click 'apply' for more information.
Affinity Workforce Solutions and Monarch Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its temporary workers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list. This role involves working with children on a daily basis and is therefore in regulated activity.
Monarch Education is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Monarch Education operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
- Secondary School