Are you looking for a more flexibly job within the education? Do you have experience with KS3 and KS4 Curriculum?
Monarch Education currently works with CSET a large multi academy trust in Bristol and South Gloucestershire. Our partnership with CSET provides lots of opportunities for long-term and permanent roles for Teachers within their schools in Bristol and South Gloucestershire.
Our CSET secondary site are currently recruiting for a Cover Supervisor Teacher. The school is based in Thornbury, situated in suburb area of South Gloucestershire, about 12 miles (19 km) north of Bristol.
The school last Ofsted report was in 2021, the report is classified as "Good" in all categories" Leaders have raised expectations of how pupils should behave. Pupils have learned new routines and risen to leaders' expectations. Pupils move around the school sensibly. At break time, pupils enjoy catching up with friends or playing games on the sports pitches. The school has seen a period of rapid change since the previous inspection. A new head teacher and several new senior leaders have joined the school. Together, they have ensured high standards in pupils' behaviour. They have gained the confidence of staff"
The school has around about 1500 students, the school is larger than the average-sized secondary school with student's age ranging 11-18. There are some great facilities that the school offer teachers: parking onsite, staff room with a full working kitchen, Computer for work use.
There is excellent transport links from the South Wales, Gloucester and Stroud areas. The school believes in the safety, care and environment for the children to be able to grow and achieve the best they can in life..
Benefits of registering with Monarch Education:
- Paid to scale rates of pay from MPS1 to MPS6 depending upon experience
- PAYE and Umbrella pay options
- Guaranteed pay scheme available
- A crown commercial services provider
- Dedicated consultant supporting you in your journey to school employment
- Access to a portal which offer savings in 7 supermarkets for your weekly shop
- Fuel card that provides 20p off the pump
- Access to our exclusive online CPD courses and additional training
- £200 for any successful referral of Teachers and Teaching Assistants
About The Role
The successful applicant will be covering KS3 and KS4 classes, Assessing student's work regularly giving feedback, ascertaining progress levels
The role is starting 5th September on a 32.5 hours per week. On a permanent basis.
- Supervising work that has been set in accordance with school policy;
- liaising with teaching staff with regard to work set for a class;
- managing the behaviour of students to ensure a constructive environment whilst undertaking work;
- responding to any questions from students about process and procedure;
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with the school's policies and procedures;
- collecting any completed work and resources after the lesson and returning them to the appropriate teacher or subject leader;
- reporting back, as appropriate, using the schools agreed referral procedures, on the behaviour of students during the class, and any other issues arising;
- Student registration of a class
Teaching Experience in required in a secondary school environment.
- keen to learn with a positive outlook
- Degree/oversea qualified
- able to work on your own initiative
- experienced in working with children
- able to work as part of a team
- willing to undertake training
- Enthusiastic and have the skills to challenge and motivate all our pupils.
How can I apply?
If this job sounds the right one for you please click 'apply' for more information.
Affinity Workforce Solutions and Monarch Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its temporary workers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list. This role involves working with children on a daily basis and is therefore in regulated activity.
Monarch Education is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Monarch Education operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
- Secondary School