Start dates: Monday 20th November and Monday 27th November 2023
We are currently seeking dedicated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team as a Care Assistant in a Special Educational Needs School in the PE2 area.
This is a full-time position with working hours from 8:30am to 3:30pm. The successful candidates must be comfortable working with PMLD, ADHD, ASD and non verbal children.
Candidates must only apply if they are looking for a long term role with the view to move to permanent.
– Provide 1:1 support to students of all ages
– Assist in sensory activities, including sensory swimming
– Support the teaching staff in creating a positive and inclusive learning environment.
– Engage and motivate students in their academic, social, and emotional development.
– Collaborate with teachers and other professionals to meet the specific needs of each student.
– Assist in medication administration
– Experience in a care setting or SEND schools is essential
– Passion for supporting students with special educational needs and disabilities.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
– Patience, empathy, and the ability to remain calm in challenging situations.
– Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the students.
– References to cover the last 2 years of employment.
– Ability to stay calm and cope in medical emergencies within the classroom
– Medication administration trained (desirable not essential)
– Moving and Handling trained (desirable not essential)
Affinity Workforce Solutions and Monarch Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its temporary workers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list. This role involves working with children on a daily basis and is therefore in regulated activity.
Monarch Education is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Monarch Education operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had a notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.